Last Update Status: November 2, 2021
Clayton County government strives to provide online resources in a safe, secure manner that respects your privacy when you visit our websites. This privacy statement addresses the collection, use, disclosure, and security of information that may be obtained by Clayton County when you visit claytoncountyga.gov or other County websites that have this privacy statement in the footer.
Clayton County websites use Google Analytics to capture information about the effectiveness of its websites. When users visit a Clayton County government website, the service may collect some or all of the following information:
- The names of domains; for example, “xyzcompany.com”;
- IP addresses, which are numbers automatically assigned to a computer when using the Internet;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the site;
- The Internet address of the website from which users linked directly to the site;
- The search terms used to get to the website, in addition to search terms used in the site’s search engine;
- The dates and times users access the site;
- The type of device used to access the site;
- How often users visit the site;
- The pages users visit within the site; and
- The links made to other websites through this site.
This statistical data is gathered to analyze what information is most frequently requested by the public and how Clayton County can best provide it; however, we do not collect or track personal information on any individual using the site.
During your visit to a Clayton County website covered by this policy, if you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information through a form, we will collect such information. Examples of personally identifiable information may include:
- Your name, address, or phone number;
- An email address if you are communicating to us through email;
- Information you voluntarily submit to Clayton County government for the purposes of completing or submitting an application or form online;
- Other information volunteered, such as vendor profile/contact information, survey information or content.
The information collected is not limited to text and may include audio, video and other graphic formats you send us. Information is retained and used in accordance with existing laws, rules, regulations, and other policies.
Depending on the specific service or transaction, Clayton County may share personally identifiable information among its departments or agencies to provide such service or complete such transaction.
As a general rule, we will not disclose any personally identifiable information collected online to entities outside of Clayton County departments and agencies except where you have given us permission, or where the information is public information under the Georgia Open Records Act O.C.G.A. 50-18-70 et seq., or other applicable laws.
Several tools, policies and protocols are used to safeguard the submission of information through Clayton County websites. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of the entire operating environment as part of our continuing commitment to the security of electronic content as well as the electronic transmission of information.
Clayton County uses website encryption protocols to safeguard your browsing sessions and the voluntary submission of any form containing personal information. Information is encrypted from your computer to our website(s) processing your request. If a website includes payment processing activities, all financial transactions are encrypted to the payment processor, and no financial or payment information is retained by Clayton County government.
Email is not a secure form of transmission. Clayton County government does not recommend that you submit sensitive or personally identifiable information via email. If you choose to provide us with personal information in an email, we may use the email and the information contained within it to improve our service to you or to respond to your request. We may forward your email to other Clayton County employees, using internal email encryption standards, who may be better able to help you.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Revisions to this privacy statement will be posted to this page so you will know the type of information we collect and how that information is used. We will also post the last date of revision at the top of this page.
Our goal is to provide a private, efficient, and friendly digital government experience. Please note that other county websites may contain additional or different privacy statements. Please check each website for any posted policy statement.